Enter the Electromeet Test Room!
Ready to join a session but not sure if everything is set up correctly? Follow these steps to enter our Test Room.
Step 1. Download and install the latest version of Electromeet (see “Download and Information” at
Step 2. If you’ve launched the software from the desktop icon to test it, please close it.
Step 3. Click on the Access Key below and choose “Open”.**
Step 4. In a few moments the Electromeet logo will appear. Next, the “Internet Access Wizard” will run. When it is finished, click “Go”, then a dialog will request your name. Enter your name then click OK.
Special First release – Provider Licence Offer: Your own 50 user ‘virtual room’
Access Key for Test Room:
(Please note: This Access Key will let you enter our Test Room. If you have been invited to join a live session by a Provider, the Access Key that the Provider sends can be used give you access to the Provider’s “room” at the appropriate time.)
Troubleshooting access to the Test Room:
1. I only want to play back a recording. Do I need to enter the Test Room?
No, just download and install the software and follow the instructions for playing the recording that would be supplied with the recording link. Or you can try one of the demonstration recordings on this website, at
2. I clicked on the Access Key, but did not get the option to “Open” it.
Before Windows will associate the Access Key with Electromeet software you first need to download and install the software.
3. The Internet Connection Wizard operated automatically, but then I saw an “Internet Access Settings” dialog.
This means that Electromeet has not detected how you are connected to the internet. Make sure you can connect by opening your browser. If the browser works, you may need to tell Electromeet how your internet connection is set up. Please see our Participant Guide http://electromeet.com/library/ParticipantGuide_Internet_ConnectionEM.pdf .
4. I clicked “OK” on the “Internet Access Settings” dialog, then typed my name and clicked OK, but when Electromeet opened the word “Offline” was at bottom left of screen.
This means that Electromeet cannot work out how your internet connection is set up. Please see our Participant Guide
5. I made the test audio recording as explained in Step 5, but could not hear anything when it was replayed.
This could mean that your audio is not correctly configured within Windows, or that you need to change the Internet Access Settings under the Tools menu. Details are in our Participant Guide at
6. I was “Online” in the Test Room, but nothing happened.
There may not be anybody else in the Test Room when you join. If this is the case you can still view the slide on the whiteboard, and perhaps type a text message or test your audio as outlined in step 5 at the top of this page. The most important part of the test is really that you are “Online” as indicated by that word bottom left of your screen.
7. I’d like to understand more about using Access Keys to join a live session.
Great! The users who have read through the relevant participant guides are sure to get the most from the sessions that they join. For background about joining a session see
http://electromeet.com/library/ParticipantGuide_JoiningEM.pdf , or browse the other Participant Guides in the Help pages of the website.